At Mindset Health, our mission is to empower millions of people to use their minds to improve their health. We make clinically validated psychology programs accessible to millions of people from their phones. We've now just raised a fundraising round after finishing Y Combinator, and are starting our next phase of growth and development.
This is where you come in.
Software engineering is the core of our long-term strategy at Mindset Health. We're a health company that's built on data, continuous improvement, and effective, beautiful, high performing products. Join our fast-growing team, and help build products that will affect millions of people.
Why join Mindset Health?
- Work on products that influence the lives of thousands of actual people, making a real and measurable difference (see our reviews)
- Get in at the ground floor at one of the fastest-growing startups in the country (still growing during this time)
- Our hiring bar is extremely high, and you'll join a diverse team coming from Y Combinator, McKinsey, Brosa, Atlassian and more
- We're funded by YC and other prominent Silicon Valley investors, so we have a very stable funding position
- Competitive salary with equity (stock options)
- Your day to day activities will consist of solution design and hands-on software development – working closely with design and product teams to deliver features and functionality to our customers all over the world
- Influence the product roadmap, based on a data-informed feedback cycle with users. Bringing new ideas to the table concerning everything from feature development, process improvement, and product suggestions
- Taking charge of your career development by seizing opportunities to work across different teams, technologies, and roles. A chance to wear more hats and learn more than at a large company
- Developing solutions you’ve designed from the ground up through to deployment into production
- Being responsible for the reliability of your solutions, including monitoring and responding to incidents. We care about reliability greatly as your code is going to be used by thousands of people
- Work closely with the design team to create beautiful products that people love
- Building awesome things in general
Required Skills & Experience
- 1+ years of commercial experience as software engineer
- Experience with React Native or React (current React Native stack)
- Working collaboratively with team members and communicating effectively
Nice to have
- Experience with data management, specifically using Segment.
- Experience working with Firebase noSQL database.
- Experience building consumer/health apps, understanding the complexities behind a simple product
- An understanding of how to collaborate with designers, using programs such as Figma and Sketch
Who we're looking for
- Ability to learn, and quickly. You exhibit curiosity and work harder to learn and solve problems. You are open to feedback and experimenting as a means for learning.
- The ability to self-start given only a high-level direction and work autonomously to deliver great software at a very high throughput.
- A strong attention to product UI/UX; a burning desire to make sure the things you create look and feel great.
- Fast execution: You have a bias for action and a preference to get things done.