Want to challenge yourself at a high-growth startup and make a difference in the world? Join a company that cares deeply about engineering and that's already making a difference to thousands of people's lives.
Why we exist
We're on a mission to unlock the power of the mind in healthcare.
The control centre of the body, your mind influences everything from temperature regulation to pain perception and emotional control, yet it's often overlooked by the healthcare system.
We're going to change that.
At Mindset Health, we're building hypnosis-based digital therapeutics (therapy apps) to help a billion people improve their health with their minds. Many misconceptions surround hypnosis, but there's extensive and robust evidence showing it's a powerful but underused therapeutic tool .
Think guided meditation, but developed by doctors and focused on health outcomes.
In less than two years, we've already helped 15,000+ people with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (with our first single condition product, Nerva), growing 20% per month and backed by world-leading investors, including Y Combinator, James Beshara, Fifty Years and Giant Leap.
Now we're building out our team of Australia's best to help millions of people, and we're looking for an exceptional software engineer to come join the team.
What We're Building
Our Nerva app is already being used by tens of thousands of users across the world. As we enter our next phase we will be developing a new platform to support multiple apps, provide unique forms of content, and scale with our rapidly growing user base.
Using the latest React Native and serverless technologies, Continuous Integration and automated testing, our engineering team will be key to Mindset's continuing success.
What you'll be doing
- Your day to day activities will consist of solution design and hands-on software development – working closely with design and product teams to deliver features and functionality to our customers all over the world
- Influence the product roadmap, based on a data-informed feedback cycle with users. Bringing new ideas to the table concerning everything from feature development, process improvement, and product suggestions
- Taking charge of your career development by seizing opportunities to work across different teams, technologies, and roles. A chance to wear more hats and learn more than at a large company
- Developing solutions you’ve designed from the ground up through to deployment into production
- Being responsible for the reliability of your solutions, including monitoring and responding to incidents. We care about reliability greatly as your code is going to be used by thousands of people
- Work closely with the design team to create beautiful products that people love
- Building awesome things in general
Who we're looking for
- 1+ years of commercial experience as software engineer
- Experience with React Native or React (current React Native stack)
- Working collaboratively with team members and communicating effectively
- Ability to learn quickly. You exhibit curiosity and work harder to learn and solve problems. You are open to feedback and experimenting as a means for learning.
- The ability to self-start given only a high-level direction and work autonomously to deliver great software at a very high throughput.
- A strong attention to product UI/UX; a burning desire to make sure the things you create look and feel great.
- Fast execution: You have a bias for action and a preference to get things done.
Nice to have
- Experience with data management, specifically using Segment.
- Experience working with Firebase noSQL database.
- Experience building consumer/health apps, understanding the complexities behind a simple product
- An understanding of how to collaborate with designers, using programs such as Figma and Sketch
Why join Mindset Health?
- You'll be joining at the ground floor at one of the fastest-growing startups in the country just before our next phase of significant growth
- You'll be helping thousands (and soon to be millions) of people lead healthier lives every day
- You'll be a part of Mindset Health's rocketship-- revenue has grown 40x in less than two years and our team is growing fast
- You'll experience huge learning & professional growth opportunities. We believe in supporting your professional and personal growth: we'll cover the cost of books, courses, conferences, you name it!
- Learn from some of the best marketers, engineers, creatives, and entrepreneurs. We do everything from building product to buying media, to testing ideas in-house, so you'll be exposed to many different disciplines
- Our hiring bar is extremely high, and you'll join a diverse team coming from Y Combinator, Atlassian, King Games (Candy Crush), Grey Group, MYOB, Brosa and more
- Flexible hours and WFH options (even after Covid ends)
- Competitive salary with equity (stock options)
We also want to explicitly encourage women, POC, LGBTQ+, and diverse applicants of all backgrounds to apply. Our products are meant for everyone, so everyone should be represented in the people that make it.
We're growing fast and excited about building a world-class team. If this sounds like the role for you, apply to join us below.