About Mindset Health
We're building the future of digital health. At Mindset Health we build app-delivered, evidence-backed hypnotherapy programs to help millions of people improve health conditions like IBS, anxiety and depression. As a consumer-facing company, we build beautiful and effective products that transform how people manage their health.
We are a venture-backed company supported by prominent Silicon Valley Investors including Y Combinator & Startmate. We are looking for engineering talent to join our growing team in Melbourne, Australia and be our first full-time engineer.
About the role:
Come join a small, growing team that works closely with our customers and product to ship code every day. We value ownership, independence, collaboration, communication, and bias towards getting things done with measurable results. We are seeking a Full-Stack Senior Software Engineer who wants to influence where we go as a company, what technologies are used and how the code is organised to achieve the best results.
What you'll be doing:
- Practice and encourage software engineering best practices: reasonable test coverage, appropriate modularisation, designing cohesive interfaces, and making the call on technical trade-offs.
- Collaborate with less experienced, highly-talented developers and help lead them to success.
- 3+ years of experience as professional software engineer, ideally in a 5-50 person startup.
- Experience with React Native.
- Experience working with noSQL databases.
Other useful skills:
- Experience building consumer/health apps
Who we're looking for:
- Ability to learn, and quickly. You exhibit curiosity and work harder to learn and solve problems. You are open to feedback and experimenting as a means for learning.
- The ability to self-start given only a high-level direction and work autonomously to deliver great software at a very high throughput.
- A strong attention to product UI/UX; a burning desire to make sure the things you create look and feel great.
- Fast execution: You have a bias for action and a preference to get things done.