Want to challenge yourself at a high-growth startup and make a difference to people's lives? Come join a small, fast growing team that works closely with our customers and product to ship code every day. We've already helped thousands of people with our cutting-edge and accessible digital therapeutic products— now we need an exceptional senior software engineer to take us to the next level.
Why we exist
We're on a mission to unlock the power of the mind in healthcare.
The control centre of the body, your mind influences everything from temperature regulation to pain perception and emotional control, yet it's often overlooked by the healthcare system.
We're going to change that.
At Mindset Health, we're building hypnosis-based digital therapeutics (therapy apps) to help a billion people improve their health with their minds. Many misconceptions surround hypnosis, but there's extensive and robust evidence showing it's a powerful but underused therapeutic tool .
Think guided meditation, but developed by doctors and focused on health outcomes.
In less than two years, we've already helped 15,000+ people with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (with our first single condition product, Nerva), growing 20% per month and backed by world-leading investors, including Y Combinator, James Beshara, Fifty Years and Giant Leap.
Now we're building out our team of Australia's best to help millions of people, and we're looking for an exceptional senior full stack engineer.
What We're Building
Our Nerva app is already being used by tens of thousands of users across the world. As we enter our next phase we will be developing a new platform to support multiple apps, provide unique forms of content, and scale with our rapidly growing user base.
Using the latest React Native and serverless technologies, Continuous Integration and automated testing, our engineering team will be key to Mindset's continuing success.
What you'll be doing:
- Hands-on engineering and writing code for the Nerva React Native app, shipping features that affect how thousands of users engage with the product
- Practice and encourage software engineering best practices: reasonable test coverage, appropriate modularisation, designing cohesive interfaces and making the call on technical trade-offs
- Influence the product roadmap, based on a data-informed feedback cycle with users. Navigating the hidden complexities of building a personalised and effective app experience
- Help design the infrastructure and strategy for React Native framework supporting multiple apps for different health conditions with hundreds of thousands of users
- Work closely with the design team to create beautiful products that people love
- Continuously look for ways to use technology to increase the effectiveness, performance, usability and retention of the products
- Mentoring junior engineers and helping grow and develop the engineering team
Who we're looking for
- 4+ years of commercial experience as a software engineer developing complex applications
- Strong communication and team collaboration skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with React Native or React (current React Native stack)
- Experience in setting up build infrastructure and architecture
- An understanding of engineering best practices
- Mentoring experience
- Ability to learn quickly. You exhibit curiosity and work harder to learn and solve problems. You are open to feedback and experimenting as a means for learning.
- The ability to self-start given only a high-level direction and work autonomously to deliver great software at a very high throughput.
- A strong attention to product UI/UX; a burning desire to make sure the things you create look and feel great.
- Fast execution: You have a bias for action and a preference to get things done.
Nice to have
- Experience with data management, specifically using Segment
- Experience working with Firebase noSQL database
- Experience building consumer/health apps, understanding the complexities behind a mobile app
- An understanding of how to collaborate with designers, using programs such as Figma and Sketch
Why join Mindset Health?
- You'll be joining at the ground floor at one of the fastest-growing startups in the country just before our next phase of significant growth
- You'll be helping thousands (and soon to be millions) of people lead healthier lives every day
- You'll be a part of Mindset Health's rocketship-- revenue has grown 40x in less than two years and our team is growing fast
- You'll experience huge learning & professional growth opportunities. We believe in supporting your professional and personal growth: we'll cover the cost of books, courses, conferences, you name it!
- Learn from some of the best marketers, engineers, creatives, and entrepreneurs. We do everything from building product to buying media, to testing ideas in-house, so you'll be exposed to many different disciplines
- Our hiring bar is extremely high, and you'll join a diverse team coming from Y Combinator, Atlassian, King Games (Candy Crush), Grey Group, MYOB, Brosa and more
- Flexible hours and WFH options (even after Covid ends)
- Competitive salary with equity (stock options)
We also want to explicitly encourage women, POC, LGBTQ+, and diverse applicants of all backgrounds to apply. Our products are meant for everyone, so everyone should be represented in the people that make it.
We're growing fast and excited about building a world-class team. If this sounds like the role for you, apply to join us below.