Want to challenge yourself at a high-growth startup and make a difference to people's lives? Join as the first person in our People team. We've already helped thousands of people with our innovative and accessible digital therapeutic products — now we're starting to develop our People team to continue building and running an exceptional team.
Why we exist
We're on a mission to unlock the power of the mind in healthcare.
The control centre of the body, your mind influences everything from temperature regulation to pain perception and emotional control, yet it's often overlooked by the healthcare system.
We're going to change that.
At Mindset Health, we're building hypnosis-based digital therapeutics (therapy apps) to help a billion people improve their health with their minds. Many misconceptions surround hypnosis, but there's extensive and robust evidence showing it's a powerful but underused therapeutic tool .
Think guided meditation, but developed by doctors and focused on health outcomes.
In less than two years, we've already helped 15,000+ people with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (with our first single condition product, Nerva), growing 20% per month and backed by world-leading investors, including Y Combinator, James Beshara, Fifty Years and Giant Leap.
Now we're building out our team of Australia's best to help millions of people, and we're looking for the first person to join our People team to attract exceptional people and support them in pursuing outsized impacts.
What you'll be doing:
As the People Lead in our fast-growing team, you will be responsible for:
- Setting the foundation for the people & talent function, with direct-line reporting to the Co-CEOs
- Designing and deploying recruitment strategies, tools, and processes to attract & hire exceptional people
- Planning interview and selection procedures, including screening calls, assessments, and in-person or video interviews
- Optimising the employee life cycle: From recruitment through alumni status, every interaction with us should be thoughtful and positive
- Partnering with leaders within the organisation to track ongoing hiring needs of their team and co-creating job descriptions for all roles
- Understanding, supporting and embodying a culture that reinforces our mission and values, creates a positive working environment and attracts incredible new talent to accelerate a continuous improvement mentality
- Establish people-oriented policies and practices that are aligned with, and enhance, our mission and core values
- Champion a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace and design and implement practices to support their achievement
- Help drive social engagement and activities for a fun environment
Who we're looking for:
To thrive in this role and at Mindset Health, you have:
- 5-6 years of experience in an internal people function or recruitment agency
- Excitement to be part of something meaningful that is bigger than the organisation and excited to communicate this mission to the world
- An ability to self-start given only a high-level direction and work autonomously to continuously improve our People function
- A bias for action and a preference to get things done
- Excellent selling, interpersonal & communication skills
- Experience recruiting engineers/developers and knowledge of tech jargon
- An ability to build and maintain high performing teams
Why join Mindset Health?
- You'll be joining at the ground floor at one of the fastest-growing startups in the country just before our next phase of significant growth
- An opportunity to build & lead our people team as we scale from 25 people to 60+ in the next year
- Have a meaningful impact helping thousands (and soon to be millions) of people lead healthier lives every day
- Learn with a talented and diverse team coming from Y Combinator, Atlassian, Culture Amp, King Games (Candy Crush), Grey Group, MYOB, Brosa and more
- Flexible hours and WFH options (even after Covid ends)
- Competitive salary with a share in the company (equity stock options)
We also want to explicitly encourage women, POC, LGBTQ+, and diverse applicants of all backgrounds to apply. Our products are meant for everyone, so everyone should be represented in the people that make it.
We're growing fast and excited about building a world-class team. If this sounds like the role for you, apply to join us below.