Want to challenge yourself at a high-growth startup and make a difference to people's lives? Join our team and set the foundations for how we think about data. We've already helped thousands of people with our innovative and accessible digital therapeutic products— now we're looking for our first data scientist to take us to the next level (hugely important role!).
Why we exist
We're on a mission to unlock the power of the mind in healthcare.
The control centre of the body, your mind influences everything from temperature regulation to pain perception and emotional control, yet it's often overlooked by the healthcare system.
We're going to change that.
At Mindset Health, we're building hypnosis-based digital therapeutics (therapy apps) to help a billion people improve their health with their minds. Many misconceptions surround hypnosis, but there's extensive and robust evidence showing it's a powerful but underused therapeutic tool .
Think guided meditation, but developed by doctors and focused on health outcomes.
In less than two years, we've already helped 15,000+ people with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (with our first single condition product, Nerva), growing 20% per month and backed by world-leading investors, including Y Combinator, James Beshara, Fifty Years and Giant Leap.
Now we're building out our team of Australia's best to help millions of people, and we're looking for our first data scientist.
What you'll be doing:
- Use data to create more effective, continuously improving health programs (digital drugs) - a feedback loop that traditional drugs can't compete with due to their lack of data
- Work with unique data sets in a completely new consumer product area creating the future of healthcare
- Design, implement and launch innovative data science solutions to empower data-driven decisions and products at scale
- Involvement in clinical trials, from start to finish, helping drive clinical research to push us to the forefront of the medical space
- Develop highly visible dashboards and automated reporting related to key performance metrics
- Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources
- Design, analyse, and interpret the results of experiments
- Create analyses that tell a story focused on insights, not just data
Who we're looking for:
- 3+ years experience working with and analyzing data sets to solve problems
- Demonstrated track record of identifying, scoping, and leading complex data science projects with cross-functional partners and high business impact
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- An ability to learn quickly: You exhibit curiosity and work hard to learn and solve problems. You embrace feedback and experimenting as a means for learning.
- Experience working with a user-facing product team or a drive to do so
- A genuine interest in making an impact, both on helping millions of people as well as the direction and focus of the company
- A self-starting, upbeat, and down-to-earth attitude
Why join Mindset Health?
- You'll be joining at the ground floor at one of the fastest-growing startups in the country just before our next phase of significant growth
- You'll have the opportunity to build & design how data science works in a rapidly growing startup
- You'll be helping thousands (and soon to be millions) of people lead healthier lives every day
- You'll be a part of Mindset Health's rocketship-- revenue has grown 40x in less than two years and our team is growing fast
- You'll experience huge learning & professional growth opportunities. We believe in supporting your professional and personal growth: we'll cover the cost of books, courses, conferences, you name it!
- Learn from some of the best marketers, engineers, creatives, and entrepreneurs. We do everything from building product to buying media, to testing ideas in-house, so you'll be exposed to many different disciplines
- Our hiring bar is extremely high, and you'll join a diverse team coming from Y Combinator, Atlassian, King Games (Candy Crush), Grey Group, MYOB, Brosa and more
- Flexible hours and WFH options (even after Covid ends)
- Competitive salary with equity (stock options)
We also want to explicitly encourage women, POC, LGBTQ+, and diverse applicants of all backgrounds to apply. Our products are meant for everyone, so everyone should be represented in the people that make it.
We're growing fast and excited about building a world-class team. If this sounds like the role for you, apply to join us below.