Want to challenge yourself at a high-growth startup and make a difference to people's lives? Join our content team and write engaging, high-converting, and inspirational copy for hundreds of thousands of people across our house of brands. We've already helped thousands of people with our innovative and accessible digital therapeutic product, Nerva— now we need an exceptional copywriter to help us scale to new health conditions like menopause, depression, and chronic pain.
Why we exist
We're on a mission to unlock the power of the mind in healthcare.
As the control centre of the body, your mind influences everything from temperature regulation to pain perception and emotional control, yet it's often overlooked by the healthcare system. We're going to change that.
At Mindset Health, we're building hypnosis-based digital therapeutics (therapy apps) to help a billion people improve their health with their minds. Many misconceptions surround hypnotherapy, but there's extensive and robust evidence showing it's a powerful but underused therapeutic tool . Think guided meditation, but developed by doctors and focused on health outcomes.
In less than two years, we've already helped 15,000+ people with irritable bowel syndrome (with our first single condition product, Nerva), growing fast, and been backed by world-leading investors, including Y Combinator, James Beshara, Fifty Years and Giant Leap. Now we're building out our team of Australia's best to help millions of people, and we're looking for an amazing copywriter to join our creative team.
What you'll be doing:
- Approach copywriting with a data-driven process, where you iterate based on past results
- Collaborating with our digital designer to develop adaptive and empathetic creative across our house of brands
- Writing engaging and high-converting copy for our paid media, social media, lifecycle emails, in-product messages, and go-to-market comms
- Collaborating with multiple internal teams (including, Product, Brand, Content, and Growth)
- Shepherd our brand and tone of voice guidelines and act as one of the guardians of the brand identity
- Driving the optimization of USP's and creating experiments with different test styles to optimise for conversion
- Assisting the production of the scripts, guided imagery, and educational articles for our mobile apps
- Proofreading and editing for the other content projects as they arise
- Conducting copy research with a keen eye for scientific accuracy
Who we're looking for:
- 1-3+ years experience as a copywriter or writer with marketing experience
- Strong attention to detail: You cringe at typos and are careful to write copy that fits within brand guidelines
- Nice to have: Health/wellness copywriting experience
- Ability to take content ideas from concept through to implementation
- Highly collaborative: Our company is very cross-functional, so you should genuinely enjoy collaborating on projects.
- A high level of EQ and empathy to the challenges of working in a fast-growing startup.
- Ability to learn quickly. You exhibit curiosity and work hard to understand and solve problems. You are open to feedback and experimenting as a means for learning.
- You have a bias for action and a preference to get things done.
Why join Mindset Health?
- You'll be joining at the ground floor at one of the fastest-growing startups in the country just before our next phase of significant growth.
- Write copy that gets seen: We encourage our writers to think creatively and see their work in action— no more wasting hundreds of hours on ideas that get cut at the last second.
- Join a positive and supportive copywriting environment: no big egos here, just encouraging collaboration and guidance!
- Make a positive difference to the lives of hundreds of thousands of people (see our reviews).
- You'll be a part of Mindset Health's rocketship—revenue has grown 40x in less than two years, and our team is growing fast.
- You'll have access to a range of learning & professional growth opportunities. We believe in supporting your professional development, so we'll cover the cost of books, courses, conferences, you name it!
- Learn from some of the best marketers, engineers, creatives, and entrepreneurs. We do everything from building products to buying media to audio production in-house, so you'll be exposed to many different disciplines.
- Our hiring bar is exceptionally high, and you'll join a diverse team coming from Y Combinator, Atlassian, King Games (Candy Crush), Havas, Grey Group, MYOB, Brosa, and more.
- Flexible hours and WFH options (even after Covid ends)
- Competitive salary with equity (stock options)
We also want to explicitly encourage women, POC, LGBTQ+, and diverse applicants of all backgrounds to apply. Our products are meant for everyone, so everyone should be represented in the people that make it.
We're growing fast and excited about building a world-class team. If this sounds like the role for you, apply to join us below.