At Mindset Health, our mission is to empower people to improve their health through accessible, affordable, and science-backed digital therapeutics. We make clinically validated app-based hypnotherapy programs to manage chronic health conditions.
Since our launch in 2018, we've helped thousands of people learn to manage their health. We're now at an exciting phase of growth and development where we need a dedicated writer and all-around word wrangler to come on board to help our brands shine.
This is where you come in.
Copy and content writing is the backbone of Mindset Health—from our programs' educational readings to our blogs and social media.
We're looking for a creative self-starter who wants to apply their experience writing for health brands to help people live happier, more productive lives.
As a Copy & Content Writer, you will be tasked with helping to craft engaging and consumable content across each aspect of the business, with a particular focus on social media content creation and management.
Why join Mindset Health?
- Write content that influences the lives of tens of thousands of people (see our reviews!), making a real and measurable difference in people's lives.
- Get in at the ground floor at one of the fastest-growing startups in Australia.
- Flexible hours and WFH options (even after Covid ends)
- A supportive and collaborative workplace with an emphasis on development and work-life balance
- Competitive salary with equity (including stock options)
- Writing within our brand style and keeping it consistent across mobile apps, web, email, advertising copy, social media, and more.
- Producing high-quality health content based on science but read by the general public.
- Writing original copy while translating complex health information into properly cited, easily digestible, and engaging content.
- Aligning content with search intent and implementing SEO practices
- Researching topics in-depth using scholarly resources
- Boosting interactions with our brand through social media engagement
- Designing, writing, planning, and posting a variety of social media content
- Managing and growing positive relationships with our social media following
- Supporting in the development and delivery of annual social media calendar
- Proofreading and editing for the other content projects as they arise.
Who we're looking for:
- Knowledge of health sciences and/or experience writing for the healthcare industry/writing for OTC pharma products.
- A keen ability to translate complex health information into engaging and easily digestible content.
- An ability to learn quickly: You exhibit curiosity and work hard to learn and solve problems. You are open to feedback and experimenting as a means for learning.
- A self-starter who can work with speed and diligence to take a project and run with it from conception to delivery
- A flair for words: You can write in a distinctive and engaging voice that reflects the company's approachable and authoritative brand tone.
- Excellent attention to detail: You cringe at typos in books and can spot a misplaced apostrophe from a mile away.
- Experience writing for social media and managing social media platform performance
Required Skills & Experience
- At least two years of writing experience for the medical/healthcare industry, medical/health journalism, and/or social media management.
- Ability to communicate complex health and medical information to the lay public
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Adept at learning new technology (Including design programs, such as Figma)
- A good attitude
Nice to have
- A degree in a medically-related field (e.g., biomedical science, MD, BPsych) or relevant tertiary qualifications in marketing, communications, etc.
- Design experience on Figma or Adobe Creative Suite products (InDesign, Photoshop, etc.)
- Located in Melbourne (Remote positions may be considered for the right candidate, but Melbourne-based is preferred)