Want to challenge yourself at a high-growth startup and make a difference in people's lives? Join Mindset Health to help shape the direction of our PR and communications. We are looking for an ambitious and energetic PR/Communications Specialist to help us raise awareness of our brand and build key relationships with national/international media.
Why we exist
We're on a mission to unlock the power of the mind in healthcare.
The control centre of the body, your mind influences everything from temperature regulation to pain perception and emotional control, yet it's often overlooked by the healthcare system.
We're going to change that.
At Mindset Health, we're building hypnosis-based digital therapeutics (therapy apps) to help a billion people improve their health with their minds. Many misconceptions surround hypnosis, but there's extensive and robust evidence showing it's a powerful but underused therapeutic tool .
Think guided meditation, but developed by doctors and focused on health outcomes.
In less than two years, we've already helped 15,000+ people with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (with our first single condition product, Nerva), growing 20% per month and backed by world-leading investors, including Y Combinator, James Beshara, Fifty Years and Giant Leap.
Now we're building out our team of Australia's best to help a billion people improve their health, and we're looking for an exceptional person to help us define our message, scale our company brand and advance the perception of hypnosis-based therapy.
What you'll be doing:
- Assisting in the creation of PR/communications strategies for both Mindset Health and our sub-brands.
- Promoting and elevating awareness of Mindset Health, our sub-brands (including Nerva), and help build positive public knowledge of our products and mission.
- Managing the ideation and coordination of a broad range of PR activities (writing press releases/pitch letters/case studies/feature articles and sourcing images).
- Developing and maintaining a list of key media/press contacts.
- Managing media inquiries (arranging interviews, statements, etc.) and maintaining media inquiry records.
- Working with the marketing team to build long-term relationships with influencers and assist in creating associated influencer materials.
- Developing key relationships with internal and external company stakeholders.
- Building relationships with niche market blogs/websites to build backlinks.
- Assisting our Copy & Content team in writing/developing website/newsletters copy.
- Assisting our Marketing/HCP team with events, seminars, and conference planning.
- Collaborating with our Marketing team on shared assets and communications projects.
Who we're looking for:
- Three years' previous experience working in public relations/PR communications
- A US-based candidate or someone with experience working with the US media/international media outlets.
- Experience in and knowledge of PR practices, copywriting, proofreading, and editing.
- Strong track record of PR project ownership, of both setting clear goals and delivering on results.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- A degree in public relations, communications, or similar.
- Experience in content production would be helpful but not a requirement.
Why join Mindset Health?
- You'll be joining at the ground floor at one of the fastest-growing startups in the country just before our next phase of significant growth.
- You'll have the opportunity to build & lead our PR team as we scale.
- You'll be helping thousands (and soon to be millions) of people lead healthier lives every da.
- You'll be a part of Mindset Health's rocket ship—revenue has grown 40x in less than two years and our team is growing fast.
- You'll have access to new learning & professional growth opportunities. We believe in supporting your professional and personal growth: we'll cover the cost of books, courses, conferences—whatever you need, we can help you to grow!
- You'll join a diverse team and have opportunities to learn from marketers, engineers, creatives, and entrepreneurs from Y Combinator, Atlassian, King Games (Candy Crush), Grey Group, MYOB, Brosa, and more.
- You can have flexible hours and WFH options (even after Covid ends). We are dedicated to ensuring our employees have a healthy work/life balance.
- You'll have a competitive salary with equity (stock options).
We also want to explicitly encourage women, POC, LGBTQ+, and diverse applicants of all backgrounds to apply. Our products are meant for everyone, so everyone should be represented in the people that make it.
We're growing fast and excited about building a world-class team. If this sounds like the role for you, apply to join us below.